Special course for preparing to Microsoft exam 74-343
Training of practical use of Microsoft Project and prepare for certification MS 74-343 “Managing Projects with Microsoft Project”. As part of the training, participants will perform the planning and execution of their chosen project, getting all the necessary knowledge and skills for use Microsoft Project in their professional practice.
- Real practice with exam questions.
- Using cases from real-life projects.
- 60 days post training coaching and support.
- Project Managers.
- Pre-Sales specialists.
- Contract Management specialists.
- Company Project Management Office employees.
- Heads of key departments, divisions, departments.
- Requirements for certification. Preparation for the exam.
- Types of questions.
- Practice Tests.
- Additional Resources.
- Initiating a Project.
- Creating a new project in Microsoft Project.
- Create and manage calendars.
- Create and work with custom fields.
- Customization Microsoft Project. Working with system settings.
- Create and work with the schedule of the project.
- Configure information about the project.
- Creating, using and management of the project tasks. Creating the structure of tasks.
- Setting the logic and relationship between tasks. Building a logical model of project tasks.
- Create a schedule for the user/project member.
- Managing multiple projects.
- Resource Management. Resource assignment.
- Entering and changing resource information.
- Resource assignment.
- Resource allocation.
- Using visual resources optimizer.
- Project cost management.
- Monitoring and control of the project.
- Using baselines. Their purpose and use.
- Tracking the progress of the actual implementation of the project. Data entry on the work performed.
- Comparison of actual performance of the project with the baseline.
- Identification and elimination of planning problems.
- Find the critical path of the project. Practical use.
- Distributing of information about the project. Working with reports.
- Working with views: setup and use.
- Share data from other applications.
- Customizing Reports.
- Use and communicate data with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Expanding the functionality of Microsoft Project.
- Creating a project from another project or template.
- Changing the working days in a calendar.
- Create and configure custom fields.
- Creating tasks and summary tasks.
- The logical structure of the project plan.
- Linking the project to create a portfolio of projects.
- Enter costs for resources.
- Assigning tasks for resources.
- Input costs for experts and materials.
- Create and save a baseline.
- Time management and tracking of project progress.
- Showing the critical path of the project.
- Export Project to Microsoft Excel.
The knowledge and skills
Course participants will gain experience in the field of efficient modeling, planning, resource allocation, information sharing, collaboration and delivery of projects using Microsoft Project Professional. At the end of the training, participants gain the following knowledge and skills:
- Ready for exam MS 74-343 “Managing Projects with Microsoft Project″.
- Create the project schedule.
- Customize Microsoft Project to fit your needs.
- Create a schedule for the project team members.
- Consolidate information from multiple projects.
- Manage, allocate and optimize resources for the project.
- Monitor the progress of the project.
- Prepare reports on the project. Monitor effectiveness.
- Use Microsoft Project in conjunction with other software.